Sunday 26 February 2012

The Power of the Mind-Body Connection

My keen interest in the power of the mind over our physical body was fed an extra dose of 'wow' this weekend when I attended a self-hypnosis course with the Adam Eason School of Hypnotherapy.  My aim was to have some hypnosis myths busted and to experience being put under hypnosis and also to test my ability to self induce trance, as I felt that this would sit very nicely indeed with my other keen interests which are NLP, Life Coaching, Meditation and all forms of healing.

The day itself was extremely fascinating and enlightening, with a sufficiently balance of theory and practice whilst being fun.  As with all training courses, the real proof is in the testing of what you get taught and the sooner you put that theory into practice, the better. 

Having witnessed several times the stage act of full body catalepsy (the ability to turn your body as stiff as a iron rod to enable it to be balanced between two chairs), I was naturally keen to have a go.  Having been given what I felt was a thorough and no-nonsense (but at times extremely funny) explanation of 'what hypnosis is and is not', undergoing group hypnosis a number of times throughout the early part of the day and being taught  'how to',  Adam then assured us that we were now all fully equipped to self induce and welcomed us, thankfully without any coersion or pressure to test the results.  Me being me, I had to have a go.  







I witnessed and experienced several times the power of the mind over the body in ways that I had never before.  Did I ever suspect that I would readily offer myself up to having a needle fed through my arm without aneasthesia  AND feel NO PAIN whatsoever?  or to do an impression of the 'Iron Lady' as I rested, quite comfortably across two chairs without fear of my body collapsing in a heap, as it should if attempting this without suggestibility from my mind to my body that I could do it. 


This has once again proven to me, that by building a respectful relationship with our mind and forming that physical connection to our body, our ability to achieve and improve on desired results, whatever they may be, have very few limits.

For information about personal development visit my website:  www.shevolution-life-coaching.co.ukYou can also follow me on Facebook: Shevolution Life Coaching. 

Thank you for reading my blog and catch up again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment